RED SEA PONCHO KIT
The Red Sea Poncho, designed for the 2023 Minnesota Yarn Shop Hop, is a light weight, easy to wear statement piece - perfect for a night out or as a lightweight topper on a cool summer evening. It is knit modularly in one piece. There is only one seam at the shoulder. You will be doing short rows on the back, but there are no wraps and turns necessary.
The finished poncho is 23” wide by 20” tall. (To make larger, you can continue increasing in the Front Section to desired length - keeping in mind that you will want to stretch your piece when blocking. This will mean that you will have additional increases in the Back Section. Because of the mitered design, your piece will increase in width as well as in length.)
Gauge is important for this project! The Coos Bay yarn is 465 yards, which is just enough for this poncho. If your gauge is off, you may not have enough Coos Bay to complete the poncho. Please do a gauge swatch per the instructions in the pattern.
Included in your kit are:
- One skein of Alexandra the Art of Yarn Coos Bay (merino/silk/nylon; 465 yards; 100 grams)
- One skein of Alexandra the Art of Yarn Irish Moss (mohair/silk; 459 yards; 50 grams)
- FREE copy of the Red Sea Poncho pattern by Laura Rasmussen
- US 7 circular needles 32” or size to obtain gauge
- 3 stitch markers (recommended: two in one color and a third in a different color)
- Tapestry needle
- Blocking wires (optional, but they will make your finished piece look better!)