LES MARMITES KIT
Designed by Lucinda Iglesias
This wrap was inspired by Sutton’s (Canada) best kept secret Les Marmites des Sorcières ( the Sorcerer’s Cauldron) a beautiful watering hole that is tucked in between the mountain where a small river creates basins amongst the boulders which are a delight to dip in on a hot summer’s day.
This wrap starts off with a circular motif that will be the central motif of the wrap. Once the center motif is completed, each side is worked separately. The center motif will be off-center for an asymmetrical design. Each side is squared off to create a rectangular shawl or scarf.
Laura created her version with DK weight yarn and smaller needles to create a scarf. Note that the pattern calls for worsted weight yarn and larger needles.
- Kit includes:
- Berroco Ultra Wool DK (100% SW wool, DK weight) - 3 balls
- Berroco Tiramisu (38% Wool, 28% Acrylic, 23% Superkid Mohair, 11% Silk; light worsted weight) - 2 balls
- Downloaded and printed pattern (a link to add the pattern to your Ravelry library will be emailed to the email address provided at purchase)
- What you will need in addition to the color pack:
- US 7/4.5mm dpns, 16” circular, and 24” circular knitting needles
- Stitch markers