Learn how to weave a simple scarf in this introductory weaving workshop. You will learn the basics of weaving on a rigid heddle loom. In the first class, you will learn how to warp your loom, be introduced to the terminology, and begin to weave the scarf. The second class will be devoted to taking the scarf off the loom and discussing washing and blocking your finished piece. Students who rent their looms from 3 Kittens may keep the loom for up to two weeks following the class in order to make another project or two.
Skills taught in this class:
- Introduction to the parts of a rigid heddle loom and what they do
- How to warp a rigid heddle loom
- How to do plain weave
- The importance of your weaving tension and how to determine it
- How to finish your woven scarf
- Instructions - provided by the instructor
- Yarn (purchased separately at 3 Kittens) - 200 yards of worsted weight yarn (hand-dyed, variegated or solid; one color or two contrasting)
- Loom - 3 Kittens will have 6 looms for students to rent for $20
- Students may keep the rental loom for up to two weeks after class
- If a student decides to purchase a loom, s/he may apply the $20 rental fee towards the purchase of the loom
Cancellation Policy - Student cancellations must be made at least two weeks prior to the first session to receive a refund for the class fee. After that date, class fees are not refundable and cannot be transferred to another class. Any yarn or supplies purchased for the class are also not refundable. 3 Kittens will only cancel a class if no students have signed up; however, we may need to reschedule due to weather or illness.