Join us for a day of knitting with designer and instructor Sivia Harding on April 21st!
The Harmonia's Rings family (cowl, tunic and sweater) uses Cat Bordhi's Moebius cast on to achieve the mysterious spiral neck shape. We will concentrate on the cowl in this class. It features a stitch pattern that creates concentric rings reminiscent of ancient architecture. The cowl sits cape-like over the shoulders and flatters a wide range of body types. We will discuss customizing the cowl shape to fit any body type.Skills taught in this class:
- Moebius cast on
- Shaping and texture within the Moebius structure
- Beaded picot bind-off
Homework: Please watch Cat Bordhi's Youtube demo of the Moebius cast-on technique.
- Pattern - Harmonia's Rings Cowl by Sivia Harding (included in class fee)
- Yarn - Worsted weight yarn - 350 yards (suggested yarns: Berroco Ultra Alpaca, Malabrigo Rios, Anzula For Better or Worsted)
- Needles - US 8/5mm 47" circular and US8/5mm 24-32" circular
- Notions - knit kit, steel crochet hook (.75-.9mm); seed beads (3/0 - 23; please buy Japanese beads if possible), stitch markers (2 colors)
Cancellation Policy - Student cancellations must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the class to receive a refund for the class fee. After that date, class fees are not refundable and cannot be transferred to another class. Any yarn or supplies purchased are subject to our regular return policy.