Join us for a day of knitting with designer and instructor Sivia Harding!
This garter stitch scarf features two different kinds of short rows: one for the color insert wedges along the narrow edge and one that shapes the long curved lengthwise stripes. You will learn about these two short row methods (and why you need two!) while we work up a sample swatch. We will talk about lace, beads, color stripes, and all of the issues that you will encounter such as weaving in ends and carrying yarns. Note: In the class, you will be working on a swatch, not the actual scarf.Skills taught in this class:
- Two short row techniques
- Placing beads in your knitting
- Pattern - Rainshadow by Sivia Harding (included in class fee)
- Yarn - Fingering weight yarn in 2 colors (if you are purchasing yarn to make the complete scarf, you will need 300 yards of each color; for the class swatch, you can sample the yarns you will be using for your scarf or you can use small amounts of other fingering weight yarn)
- Needles - US 5/3.75mm 24-32" circular
- Notions - knit kit, steel crochet hook (size 13/.075mm); seed beads (6/0 - approximately 16 for swatch or 390 for full scarf; please buy Japanese beads if possible), stitch markers
Cancellation Policy - Student cancellations must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the class to receive a refund for the class fee. After that date, class fees are not refundable and cannot be transferred to another class. Any yarn or supplies purchased are subject to our regular return policy.